Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pre Christmas Preparations

  I decided to post what pictures I have of our chritmas preparations.

As most of you know, I am pregnant.  For those who didn't know that, I am 13 weeks now.  I have been so tired and this is how I spent most of December.  I think I slept as much as the cat.  Needless to say, most of the christmas preparations were a little behind schedule this year.


We started getting packages of gifts from grandparents in the mail pretty early and every day Kelsey would ask if they could open the presents yet.  So we made the traditional paper chains so she could know when it was time to open the presents.  The paper chains were a huge succuess.  They each had their own and they loved ripping off a paper every morning.


We also got new stockings this year.  I ironed on the letters for their names.  I think they turned out cute.



Our tree was red, black and silver.  It is kind of hard to see all the ornaments in a picture.


One day I made sugar cookies and the kids decorated them. 
This may have been their very favorite activity all month.




This last picture is of Kelsey all dressed up when I took her to see the Nutcracker Ballet.  She wore her fancy gloves, a pretty dress, fancy hair, and fancy jewelry.  We had a grand time.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Glad you guys had a great Christmas. I don't blame you for sleeping, I've been doing the same thing.

Christy said...

Aw! I didn't know you took Kels to Nutcracker. Did she like it? i think you did a lot. After everything we did this year I said either "at least I'm not pregnant" or else "at least I didn't throw up" Man it sure seems like it would be a lot harder with kids to take care of! Yikes! I love everything. the tree, stockings, cookies. You guys are so cute. Give the kids kisses for me.

Steven and Kimberly said...

I bet the nutcracker was fun. Kelsey looks like a little lady! How hve you been feeling, are you getting out of the sickness part yet? Good Luck with everything! I am kind of sad we never got to get together again while you were out here, I'd say next time, but it doesn't sound like that will be for awhile...

JessicaNicole said...

Kels is so gorgeous! How fun for you guys. Pretty kitty, too. And the cookies... are...works of art! Haha.

Greco6 said...

WOW!! Andrea... the kids are all so grown up now! I love the stockings... and the pics... and the stories... and the news!!! wink wink! Your home looks so happy. YOu should be proud parents.

Christensen Family said...

The Nutcracker is my favorite Christmas tradition, I can't wait to take Willow someday. Wish you were in Utah to do play dates. Congratulations on your pregnancy, I'm jealous! New babies are the best. Looks like you had a Merry Christmas :)