Friday, July 30, 2010

Un-Birthday

I stole this idea from one of my friends.  She did it for some kids she was nannying and blogged about it and I LOVED it. So thanks, Emily, for the fantastic idea! Now I am going to blog about it and if you decide to do an unbirthday party, I think you should blog about it too so I can see your version of it.

Since we don't have the movie, we started out by watching the mad hatter tea party on you-tube.  We rented the movie one time a few months ago but I wasn't sure if the kids remembered it, so we watched just this part so that they would understand what exactly we were doing and why.

 So after watching that, we made party hats.

Ethan made one but wouldn't wear it, so we put it on Juliet.


Next we decorated cupcakes.  Ethan's were the goopiest.

Here are Kelsey's

Then we had our tea party and lunch.  Our friend Trisha joined us.  She is the sweetest person on this planet and the kids love her.  We were VERY glad she came.
By the way, Trisha is pregnant and due in two weeks!  I'll bet you couldn't even tell.  She is so tiny it makes me jealous.

Ok, so next we colored pictures of Disney's Alice in Wonderland tea party.  I found these printables online.

And last, we opened presents.  What is an unbirthday party without presents??? These were just dollar store presents.  The kids were in second heaven, getting presents for no reason.  It was a blast.

So there you go.  Thanks again Emily for the great idea.

2 comments:

JessicaNicole said...

I like Kelsaroos party dress! Juliet look so, so happy to be wearing that hat. lol. Adorable!

Liz said...

Super cute and fun! Maybe when my brain calms down I will give it a try.