Saturday, December 11, 2010

The first of many (hopefully) Nutcracker shows

This evening Kelsey was a Cherub in the Corpus Christi Ballet Nutcracker performance.

It is so cute because the dads have to help.  The dads dress in all black and wear ski masks and they lift up their daughters and the little cherubs flap their arms and legs like snow angels.  Because the dads are in black you can't see them and so it looks like they are flying.  I loved it so much.

Here are the girls back stage getting ready.
This girl comes alive when she is dancing-she loves it so much!

I get teary eyed every time I see her on stage.  I don't really understand this.  I think part of it is because I know how much she loves it and part of it is because I used to love dancing so much.  She gets to perform next saturday as well but it will be even better next week because they will have a live orchestra next week. Ethan has a babysitter for next week also so I will actually get to enjoy it.  I can't wait.

4 comments:

Christy said...

oh my gosh. So cute! I love that she loves dancing. What a memorable experience.

Michael and Natalia said...

She is so beautiful, Andrea!!!

JessicaNicole said...

Aw I love her! She is so beautiful!

The Maez Mommy said...

I always knew she was an angel - now she is dressing the part!! SUPER CUTE!!