Saturday, April 30, 2011

Boy it takes a silly girl to lie about the dreams she had, but it takes a lonely one to wish that she had never dreamt at all

This post is mostly for mom because she said that she wanted to see pics of the house.  I wasn't going to post these until I had everything fixed up, but I changed my mind.

I took these pics the day we moved in right before the movers came with the furniture.

This is the front room.
We want to paint, but it will be a bigger project than that.  Shortly after moving in we realized that the previous owner painted over wall paper, so we will have to remove that wallpaper first.  Yuck.  Big project.
 Dining Room
 The most beautiful kitchen this side of the Mississippi.  I don't think we will change a thing!
If you buy that I'll throw the golden gate in free.
Family Room 
 Bathroom.  This is our current project.  We were going to just replace the floor tile because some of tiles were coming up and we didn't want water to get on it and rot the subfloor.  When we pulled up the tiles we found out that-whoops-the subfloor had already started to rot.  So we had to replace part of the subfloor.  Then we decided to go ahead and get a toilet too, one that is not yellow, or 60 years old.  Then that turned into also taking the yellow tiles off the wall (except around the shower) which involved tearing down the whole wall and replacing the sheet rock, which then we ended up also replacing the mirror, faucet,shower and tub faucets, and bathroom accessories.
Pic will come soon-hopefully.
 Master Bathroom
 Master Bedroom
 The other bedrooms look pretty much like this one.  This one is Juliet's.

4 comments:

Sale Fails said...

I love it! The floors are great and it looks like there is a lot of natural light. You'll have fun re-doing the kitchen and bathrooms, I bet. :)

Liz said...

Those bathroom R-O-C-K! And the kitchen is breath taking:) But overall it is a lovely home and the yard looks awesome.

EngineersFalcon said...

Hello from CC! We miss you! I am glad I found the note where you wrote your blog address so I can follow your progress. You do seem to have your work cut out for you, but I think it has great potential. I love the floors. I know tile is good in CC, but I miss our NC wood terribly.

Lynette and Anthony said...

What a great house for lots of work!! Love all the pictures and it'll be exciting to see all your changes, over time :)