Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 4- She's somewhere in the Smokey Mountain Rain

We stayed in a hotel in the Smokey Mountain Resort.
The plan was to go to Dollywood.

But it was rainy and severely cold.

So we went here instead.

So did everybody else.

 Ethan was a little afraid of going into an upside down building.
 They had a lot of fun stuff to do inside-most of it was educational.

But it got so busy you could barely move.

I would love to go again another time but here is my advise:

Go on a sunny day so that everyone and their stuffed bunny don't show up at the same time.

Don't go with young children.  There were some fun things for them but they had a lot more for older kids that we couldn't go on.  I would love to go back and try those things another time.

Here is a virtual thing ethan tried.
 Giant bubble maker
 This was interesting but a little boring for the kids.
 This pricked a little... Kels and I both tried it.
 This was just cute.
 Flying airplanes
 Matt is a pretty good pitcher.
Ethan and Kelsey are not.




Last night we had a dining disaster.  Do not trust the idiot on Diners Drive Ins and Dives.  We are not going to talk about last night.

So I chose this place.
Applewood Farmhouse.
It was my favorite dining place EVER.
Amazing food, great atmosphere, cozy fire, free apple fritters.
If you are ever in the smokey mountains you HAVE to eat here.
 After lunch we headed on our way. 
We FINALLY reached our destination.
I will blog more about our new house later.

1 comments:

Christy said...

I was wondering where day 4 was! :) Also about your blog comment, that thought actually crossed my mind, but I decided being carter's mom is too fun to even call it a job!