Sunday, October 24, 2010

"If Your Gonna Play in Texas" (you've gotta have a fiddle and a band)

Mom and Sisters came to visit.  I was so FREAKING excited for them to come.  We have the best times together.  Usually, when Christy is not sick, we sit around and laugh our heads off at nothing.  Poor Christy did get sick - which was a huge damper on the vacation - but we still managed to have some good laughs.  Here are some of the things we did.

This is a gift shop.  A very elaborate one and I love it.  I stop here almost every time we go to the beach on Padre Island.
 I finally had quarters in my purse so I let the kids ride these inside the gift shop.
 We went to my favorite beach
 built sand castles

 burried Kelsey
 this is a good one of the kids.  The cute redhead is my sister Christy's little boy.  I am glad my kids got to bond with him for the first time.
 I forgot Juliet's sun hat so I put a diaper on her head to protect her from the sun.
 She is going to love me for preserving this memory, haha.
 We swam a lot at their hotel swimming pool.  We didn't need swim suits.  We just dove right in.
 Jessica ROCKED band hero
 We all laughed hysterically at Carter's AWESOME dance moves
 We went to see this movie.
On our way there we were traumatized by viewing a rollover accident when the car right in front of us drove up a freeway wall and then rolled about 3 times.  The driver was ok, angels must have padded that boy because he walked away with only cuts and bruises.  I thought for sure he would be dead! I swear, Texans are the worst drivers ever!!!  He wasn't even drunk.  I can't even imagine what was going on in his head.  Anyway, he sure gave us a scare - and a story to talk about for many years to come, I'm sure.
We ate a lot of good food, talked a lot, played with babies a lot, laughed a lot.  I can't wait for next time.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I just laughed for like 10 mins about Carter's dance moves. He is so crazy. I forgot about that. :) We did have fun, thanks for having us. (ps isn't it "you've got to have a fiddle IN the band" ?)

melissa said...

Sounds like a fun time! As for the accident, my hubby is an EMT and sees all kinds of crazy and gruesome stuff. He says most bad accidents, especially rollovers, tend to only have one of two outcomes. Either you die or you walk away from it miraculously. There isn't often any in between. Glad that kid was one of the lucky ones.