Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Back to Blogging

So, it has been a long and tiring adventure moving to Virginia.  It has been a while since I have been able to blog... so to make up for it I am going to [try] to write a blog every day for a while.  I am going to start with the vacation-y part of the move.  We took four days to get from Texas to Virginia so I am going to approach this by blogging about it just one day at a time.

Day one:

The day started out well.  We had stayed at a hotel the night before because all of our house was packed and on its way (I love that we didn't have to lift a finger or pack a box. Celanese hired people for that).  Matt purchased a Nintendo DS for each child.  I was against that at the first, but as the trip progressed I was kinda glad because it made it so I could sit back and read Fablehaven:)

The kids did quite a bit of this (playing DS)

And a little of this

We stopped at our favorite stop that is in between Corpus and Houston.  It boasts "Restrooms Mom will like" and it is just a fun place.  Here a few pics.



When we reached Beaumont Texas we stopped here to let the kids play.  It was inexpensive and fun.





After bounce bounce bouncing, we were hungry.  Matt is obsessed with finding obscure places to eat when you are on vacation and he picked to eat here:
 We all tried fried alligator for the first time.

This is Kelsey thinking "I can't believe I just ate that!"

We continued on to Lake Charles, Louisana where we stayed the night - and I will have more for you tomorrow.

2 comments:

JessicaNicole said...

I swear there is not a child on this planet that looks more like an angel than Kels when she is sleeping! Your kids are unreasonably gorgeous!

Christy said...

looks fun! That pizza place is in Draper and its fairly new. Kinda overpriced if you ask me and the pizza was good I thought.

This reminds me bouncy places were on my list of things we can do when you guys come!