Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day two

Day Two:  New Orleans


We left Lake Charles, LA and drove a short way to New Orleans.  Matt picked this Jamaican place to eat.  It was in the slums of New Orleans and looked like a warehouse.  I was not too thrilled.  When we went inside I changed my mind.  It was decorated nice and was clean and the only other people who were dining there were a couple of police officers, so I felt ok:)
 This backdrop against the wall made it look like we ate right on the beach.

But no, it was just the backdrop.  We all ordered the lunch buffet so we tried all kinds of different foods.  It was good and Matt especially loved it because he served his mission in Jamaica.  He talked to the owner about Jamaica for about twenty minutes.

After lunch we went to the zoo.

Cute elephant fountain

The real elephants

I couldn't resist adding these cute photos of Kelsey.  She loves to pose for the camera


Ethan is resting in the play area.

Jules knows how to relax and put her foot up


This was my favorite part of the zoo because we could go to a zoo almost anywhere but this made it unique to the area

Alligators

Big front porch rocking chairs

Digging

After the zoo we found this cute ice cream place called the Creole Creamery

The kids loved these ice cream clowns

We still like Leatherby's better, but this is the second best place we have ever found for ice cream-and we look everywhere for good ice cream.

Even Jules got a little taste

We then headed to Meridian, Mississippi.

When we got to the hotel we went swimming.
All of the kids have new swimming suits and they were happy to use them.


See Ya tomarrow.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

What an adventure my friend!! I can't believe you are moving to virgina and we are still here in tooele!! thats ok we are doing awesome! I love all of your fun pics! Its so fun to see how you guys are doing! Mayley STILL talks about kelsey!

Christy said...

oh my gosh I am in LOVE with jules' swim suit. Looks like you guys had so much fun!