Monday, September 26, 2011

Kelsey's Rapunzel Birthday

Kelsey's birthday started out with Ethan's first soccer game.

 It was pretty cute to watch.  We were so proud every time Ethan kicked the ball.

The Party
Almost every idea I got from the party is from this

First:  Decorations
The cake

This braid was more complicated to make than it would appear.
A very tangled mess.

I loved this banner


When Rapunzel is locked in the tower she is bored so she paints everything.  I set up paints so the kids could paint the walls at the party.



The food.


Second:  The Fun

The painting was a hit.  Everyone loved it.


Pin the frying pan on Flynn Rider.
Don't even think about laughing at my drawing.  I am not a perfessional.  Ok, go ahead and laugh.  I know it is funny.



Third:  The Happy Birthday Song



Fourth:  The presents



Last:  The Lanterns

These things were more complicated than they appear.

We bought six, one for each year of Kelsey's life.

on the package it says we are responsible for any damage they do or fire they cause, so I followed the advise of supermom and tied a string to each one so we could control where they go. (There are a lot of trees in Virginia!)

So we only ended up doing four of them but I thought they were really cool.
It was the perfect end to the party.

3 comments:

Liz said...

awesome! And your drawing is much better than anything i could do:) Happy birthday gal!

Christensen Family said...

You always do cute kiddo parties! Good job! I love doing them too!

Sale Fails said...

Wow, those lanterns are really cool!