Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Before and After

There are many projects going on at our house, most of them only half finished. 
Kelsey's room is the most fun for me to work on and this week I made some curtains for Kelsey's room and it was finally complete.  So here is the before and after pics.


BEFORE


And AFTER


Another angle
The walls look white in the pictures but they are actually a very light green.


Close up.  I scored these ballet pictures at Good Will for just $5 each!


My favorite thing in her room is this rack of tutus.




Our front room is almost done so I decided to go ahead and take some pictures of that room too.

BEFORE

And AFTER



We had to strip the wallpaper that the previous owners had painted over.  The wall under the paper was in bad shape so we had to mud, sand, texture, then paint.  It was a long process.



Matt put in recessed lighting.  I am so lucky to have such a talented man.


You should have seen the light fixture that used to be in the entry way.  I like this one so much better.


Last, here is a closer look at my gallery wall.

Now we need to put some crown molding up and we will be done!
With that room at least.
We still have kitchen, dining, and more bedrooms to do - I suddenly feel tired.

2 comments:

EngineersFalcon said...

The house looks amazing! We are not diy-ers at all, and I wish we were. I too love that row of tutus! Wy isn't dancing this year, and the costumes will be about the only thing I miss. I can't wait to see the rest of the house as it comes along.

Steven and Kimberly said...

It is looking so good! We are still working on our basement and the fireplace area going on three years. I feel like I am always in limbo, so way to go getting it done! We should be done soon. We have to texture, paint, carpet and finish the bathroom. One day! Hope everything else is going good. Is Kelsey liking kindergarten??