Monday, October 31, 2011

This is Halloween This is Halloween

OCT 31, 2011

At Kelsey's school they were told that they could come dressed as scarecrows.  They could not wear masks, heavy makeup or real straw or hay.  I thought it was weird that they all had to dress as the same thing.
But,
This is what we came up with.
Cutest scarecrow I've ever seen.



But I am getting ahead of myself.

Our halloween festivities started last Wednesday at the Ward Trunk-or-Treat party.

And here is the big NERD REVEAL...



Oh yeah, we are a Star Wars family, baby.

I am not a different version of  princess leia (some people don't know anything about star wars.)  I am Padme (Luke and Leia's mother for those of you not geeky enough to know.)  Here is the costume I was trying to mimic:

I hesitated to post that picture because of how "off" my costume was, but most of the people who read this blog have no idea who I am trying to imitate.

Here is the back of my hair. ( Read:  one full bottle of palmade.)


Here is Ethan battling the dark side.


Me and Jules handing out candy.


OTHER FUN COSTUMES

The Franken Family

Dead Bride

Kelsey's friend being a bumble bee

And Ethan's friend being Bumble Bee


OK.  Back to Halloween Day.

These are the kiddos very excited to go play.












Matt and I don't need costumes to be scary

First we stopped at this impressive halloween party put on by a fun familyl in our ward.
We had hot dogs, chips, soda, and candy.

Then we finally went trick-or-treating.




I hope you all had a great halloween too.

4 comments:

EngineersFalcon said...

I am totally impressed - both by your awesomely geeky costumes, and with the speed you got the blog up. Wow!

Christy said...

Your costumes are always awesome. Way to go!

Steven and Kimberly said...

Steve is jealous, he has been wanting to do that forever. He almost did this year, but I had already bought costumes for the kids. He thought Jonas would be a perfect Yoda. I told him maybe next year, we shall see! You guys look awesome! And it looks like you had a blast.

Sale Fails said...

I love the costumes! We thought about dressing up as Star Wars because James saw a cute baby yoda costume, but we ended up not, lol. Your costumes were awesome!