Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cupid's Visit

Happy Valentines Day!!!
We had a great one.  It started early.  The kids wake up around 6:30 am these days and just because we don't have church until 11:00 doesn't mean we get to sleep in at all. 
When the kids woke up they had a package from Grandma Jill waiting for them.  Inside was candy, cards, and stuffed animals.  Ethan asked me what his new stuffed dog's name was.  I said, "you can name him anything you want."  He said, "His name is Beagle."
Then I made the traditional pink breakfast.


It was really nice outside today so after church we went for a long walk around the neighborhood and then just hung out around the house afterward.
For dinner the kids had this:

Corn Dogs and Tater Tots.
Then we played Valentines Bingo



And we sent the little ones to bed at 7:00 and had our own romantic dinner.

I made all new recipes that we have never tried before, that way it would be like trying out a new restaurant.  Here is what I made:
Caramelized Pancetta and Fennel Salad

Shrimp Scampi with Linguini
cooked carrots

and for dessert:  Truffle Tarts with raspberries.

It was all really good and I we had an enjoyable time.  All of my recipes were found on the foodnetwork.com.
I hope all of your Valentines Day activities were wonderful.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love that your kids talk about Carter and know who he is. I am so impressed with your Valentines Day being preggers and all. Such a good wife and mommy you are.

Christy said...

My friend Esther put some pics on her blog taken from inside her uterus last year when she was about 19 weeks along and it reminds me of Juliet. :) Because that is about how big she is. Awwww.

JessicaNicole said...

Such a good mommy :)
YAY pink breakfast!