Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Pirate's Life for Me.

This last weekend gave me a reason to rejoyce because it was the first weekend in two months where we made it all the way through without at least one person in the family being sick.  This weekend we were invited to a birthday party for one of Kelsey's dance friend's brother.  I have become friends with the mom and she always invites me to her parties.  Her name is Esme and I wonder if she feels bad for me because she knows we don't have any family here.  Either way, I am glad whenever we are invited anywhere to do anything.  I thought Esme did such a great job on her son's party.  Everything was so cute so I took lots of pictures.  Kelsey was the most excited because it was a pirate party and she had a fun time dressing up.  Here she is doing a silly pirate dance before we left for the party.

Here is Ethan being sad because  he was afraid to go to the party.  He said that he didn't want to go to a pirate party, he wanted to go to a "nice" party.
The cake was AWESOME and Esme had made it herself!

There was a huge cardboard pirate ship for the kids to play with.

And the pinata was homemade too.
Here is Kelsey with Miranda (her friend from dance).
I loved the candles on the cake because they were the cannons on the side of the ship and so it looked really cool when they were lit for the birthday song.
We were there for an hour and a half and the kids had a blast.  I think Ethan changed his mind about pirates and now he thinks they are pretty fun after all.

1 comments:

Liz said...

What a cute party. I love seeing fun ideas like that.