Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Day For The Wearing of The Green

Celebrating holidays is so much fun.  Today we had a lot of fun because to me St. Patrick's Day is all about GREEN, RAINBOWSand MAGICAL LITTLE PEOPLE

We celebrated today by making a fancy GREEN St. Patrick's Day Dinner.

We started with CRAFTING

The kids made all of the table settings:

Here they are, hard at work.

They made shamrock candles

Rainbow centerpieces

and shamrock napkin rings

Then they watched "The Last Leprechaun" on Youtube while I made dinner.

Here is a picture of their fabulous crafts that adorned our dinner table tonight.

Here is a picture of all the GREEN food.

For dinner we had:

Fried chicken with GREEN mashed potatoes and GREEN gravy

GREEN veggies tray with GREEN ranch dip

GREEN grapes, GREEN Jellow, and Shamrock Shakes
(mint chocolate chip ice cream blended with milk and topped with whipped cream and green sprinkles)

And here we are, enjoying our feast!!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

3 comments:

Christy said...

You guys are too cute. We didn't celebrate St patty's day (ironic huh) We didn't even were green. I love your frequent blogging as of late. Can't wait till May!!!

jill said...

MMMMM.... those shakes sound good... what a fun day for the kids...what an awesome mom you are. I love holidays. So fun!! I too can hardly wait until May.

JessicaNicole said...

I'm totally jealous of your shammy shakes! And your awseome centerpieces. ;) I didn't even realize it was st patty's day til I was more than halfway done with work. My brain is mush whwn I have to get up at 5 every morning...