Sunday, March 28, 2010

Feed the Birds

After church we went for a family walk.  We walked past a house that had some bird feeders and the kids really liked it.  So we came home and made some of our own - preschool style.

I got this idea from "The Everything Toddler Activities Book".  I lost the book when we moved (we had a box go missing that had several of my favorite kid books and this was one of them).  Anyway, I remembered reading about this activity and it really fit today so I pulled out some stuff and we made this craft.

All you need to make this craft is acorns, peanut butter, and bird seeds, and yarn(for hanging them).

You spread the peanut butter onto the acorn


Then roll them into the seeds

Here is the finsihed product.

Matt so kindly  climbed the tree to hang them up.

Look how cute they are hanging up in our tree, now the birds will be happy.

3 comments:

Christy said...

So cute! I can't wait to do fun stuff with carter. You are such a good mommy. I miss you!

JessicaNicole said...

Cute! I love K's dress!

jill said...

Yeah for peanut butter, and dad's who will climb trees! It looks like it was great fun for everyone.