Monday, March 8, 2010

Last Week

I've been meaning to do a post all week and just never get around to doing it.   You know I use those excuses like my kitchen floor needs to be mopped or I need to study for a test and can't put it off any longer.  Completely unreasonable excuses.  So this morning I decided not to put if off any longer.

We did a lot of things last week but I am always forgetting my camera so I don't have very many pics.  The weather is FABULOUS so we've spent a lot of time outside.  We went on a picnic two different days.  One to a park and one to a water garden.

We also went with all of Kelsey's dance friends to the Children's Museum.  It is free on the first Thursday of every month and it is such a fun place.  I have gone on "free day" the last two months but I never remember the camera.  I will try desperately hard to remember it next month.

Here are some things we did last week that I DID have my camera around for.

C-c-c-crafting!!!
I bought this kit of light catchers.  They are animal shapes and there were 8 animals in the box to paint.  So the kids took turns picking which animals they wanted and then I let them have at it.
I was going to take the finished product and hang them up but the kids had so much fun playing with them, I just let them have them for toys.  The box came with 8 animals, paint, and brushes.  Best $4 I ever spent.

One of Kelsey's dance friends also invited us to her Fancy Nancy birthday party.  It was fun to get all dressed up.  Kelsey thinks she is a fashion model.  Earlier this week matt purchased "In Style" magazine for Kelsey (her first fashion magazine).  When she was looking at the pictures I could hear her say things like, "look mom, sparkly shoes" or, "Ohhhh, make-up", then she kept asking, "what are they doing mom?"  I looked and they were not doing anything they were just in weird poses to take the picture, some of them were in the rain, or they were twisted all weird, or upside down.  So these next picture poses are probably a rub off from Kelsey looking at that magazine.
I spent a bit of time on her hair so I included some pics of her hair so you could see it better.

By the way, the tutorial for this hair do is found here:
http://www.princesshairstyles.com/search/label/Easter

4 comments:

Liz said...

What a fun week. Kelsey looks great and I love the hair.

The Maez Mommy said...

I love her hair! It is so thick! Sounds like you are having a great time - wish it was warm enough out here to go on a picnic!!

Christensen Family said...

Good job on her HAIR! I hope Willow will stop moving someday so that I can actually make it look nice.

Christy said...

oh my gosh Kelsey is so stinkin cute. I am jealous of the nice weather. It wasn't even nice in San Diego! :(