Monday, July 5, 2010

Welcome Juliet

Here is Juliet. 
I could just post pictures and not have to say much, but some people like to know all the details.
Juliet Jill Sanders
6 lbs 15 oz
18 1/2 inches long
When I went to my Dr. appointment on tuesday, I was dialated to a six (I'd been at a 4 for two weeks) so my Dr. said to come in on thursday (July 1) and she would break my water.  We went into the hospital around 10, my  water broken around 11:30.  She came out easily, it only took about ten minutes to push her out once she was ready, and she was born right at 4:00 pm.  And that is the condensed version.

She is an angel child.  Very calm, doesn't cry.
On the way home.  We went home saturday afternoon.
That night Matt had a UFC party and we celebrated his birthday (since we were in the hospital all day on Friday-which was his 30th birthday).
The next day was the 4th of July.  Matt took the older kids to church.  Here is Kelsey playing with Juliet.  They both look so darling in their festive dresses.
Kelsey LOVES having a sister.

After dinner we made a patriotic airplane craft.


We finished the night with watching fireworks.  I sat in the car with Juliet, but Mat and the kids got out. Independence Day is just not the same without fireworks.
What a weekend, eh?
More to come.

8 comments:

Brianne said...

She is beautiful!! I can't wait to have another baby in our house!! I'm so glad your kids love her so much! What a fun holiday for you guys!! I'm so glad that you have her now!! Take care and I know kelsey and ethan will help you out a ton!! yay for older siblings! love ya friend! :) happy 30th bday to matt too!

Steven and Kimberly said...

She is beautiful. How are you feeling? I thought when you had a scheduled day, that you might have had a c-section again, glad you didn't have to. Is she your smallest baby? Congratulations on your beautiful family. Wish we could see Juliet. We miss you guys.

Michael and Natalia said...

Congratulations! Looks like everything went smooth and easy! Juliet is a little cutie, and already looks like her siblings. Happy Birthday to Matt! I am very happy for you guys!!

The Maez Mommy said...

She is just beautiful! And you look great! Sounds like a fun-filled weekend for all of you.... take it easy and have fun with that new angel!

Liz said...

What a weekend is right. I am worn out just reading this, go take a nap. But CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Christy said...

Maybe if my baby would have been less than 7lbs. I could have gone home and made a craft the same weekend too. haha. Cute kids. Can't wait to see you guys in a few months

JessicaNicole said...

Loving the pics of her and her big sister! I, personally, think little sisters are the greatest blessing a person can have! :)

Eggett Family said...

Congrats you guys!!! She is beautiful! I am glad all went well. And look at you go. You are one busy lady. Have fun with you new little one. We are so happy for you.